Christmas Count Down - Days 10, 11, 12 and 13
We avoided a near miss with a caravan as we left Bundaberg yesterday. No the caravan was not attached to a vehicle at the time of the incident. As we drove down a local suburban street a large 20 ft caravan rolled out of a drive way across the road and jumped the gutter, thus blocking the road. No one in the house where it came from seemed to be aware of the run-away. I parked the car and knocked on the front door. I was greeted by several small children who promptly called to their grandmother. I asked her if she wanted the good news first or the bad and then proceeded to tell her the van was undamaged but blocking the road. Glad I was not driving faster or it could have been - Crunch time.
So I am glad to be home safe and sound without a cracked windscreen or any damage to the car. How are you holidays going? Are you travelling along a road with a history or to a destination that has a dark past?
Journal Prompts for Christmas Vacation
I love watching National Lampoon Chirstmas Vacation. It never gets old for me. I just hope to never have that sort of holiday, although my recent 9 day trip to Mackay and back was had some similarities to this Chevy Chase film.
- Research and write about the history of your destination for interesting facts about the location.
- List the diversion tactics you use to distract the kids from asking "Are we there yet?"
- On route, what was the most interesting thing you saw, did, heard etc?
- Write about what you see directly in front of you in detail. Don't edit yourself or look for something your brain says it write worthy - just jot down exactly what is in front of your eyes.
- Write a brief description of your trip from the point of view of your vehicle.
- What does the rubbish you have accumulated on your drive holiday say about your diet?
- Best and Worst holiday memory
- How does this holiday compare with the "idea" of this holiday? I know I was not expecting to experience half the drama I have encountered. It was not relaxing in the least.
Washing done. Housework done. Shopping done. Now some downtime.